Home Tour Series: Master Bedroom

At the end of the hallway you find the Master Suite.
It has a walk-in closet and full bathroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEFORE
It is actually much larger than this picture portrays. Makes me want a king size bed! Basically all that I have right now to put in it is a bed and small dresser so the possibilities are endless. The ceiling fan has to go!

This closet is perfect for an organizer like me... everything will have its place.

This bathroom needs a little updating. My favorite part is the shower and it has great pressure!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DURING THE TRANSFORMATION

Dec. 26: So the back of the house projects are underway. The Denton Family came into town just for the purpose of helping me transform my house into a home and the help was very appreciated! While Meg and I were painting the stripes in the dining room and kitchen the boys (Jim and Sammy) were painting my bedroom a softer color.. sweet rhapsody! In fact, they did the ceiling white, color on the wall and even completed the trim. I did not see it until it was basically finished and was blowN away when I did. Perfect for a bedroom! Now to get the bathroom prepped for painting, but I think there are a few projects to finish first.

 Jan. 1: This is what the bedroom looks like currently, which to some my seem to be finished, but it is a long ways away from being done.

The to-do list looks a little like this:

          *Replace the overhead lighting
          *Hang a canopy of curtains around the bed
          *Add dramatic curtains to the windows
          *Create artwork and shadow boxes for walls
          *Paint the closet and organize
          *Make tuffed headboard     
          *Buy much needed:
                dressers, chaise, and mismatched side tables
                grey comforter and matching set


Jan. 5: I have begun the pinterest projects! The first being a scarf organizer so that I can get them off the floor. I used 4 packs of clear shower curtain rings (around $1 each), one hanger that I already had, and a pack of twist ties (also around $1). It is super easy and works great!

Feb. 18: The next project ensued and was completed on the same day. Two pieces of molding and very reliable screws were all that was needed to create this pinterest inspired piece. A very necessary organizational piece for the closet was secured to the wall, it is for my shoes!





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTER
to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment