Vinyl Repurposed - Clock

Vinyl Record Craze! I need to time device and I feel like I should stick with the music theme...

After the dessert stand I had confidence that it could be molded enough to look like it is melting and here is how it went:

Gather the necessities:                    

Neutral Milk Hotel Vinyl Record
Clock mechanism (comes with hands)
New clock hands if you prefer

First: Attaining the materials were pretty easy this time.
 Micah already had the record and Hobby Lobby had the time pieces for a reasonable price so this project remained fairly cheap.

Next: Heat the oven to 200 degrees and begin the slow process of pulling the record gently and slowly while wearing an oven mit. Do not pull to hard because towards the end it gets very easy to tear.

Finally: Attach the clock hands, add a battery and place it on the correct time.

After it was assembled I hung it on the mantle.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen the same type of records in a store on 8th Ave. just south of Wedgewood. I forgot the store name, but it's some nostalgic store that has a bunch of 70's stuff in it. I'm sure you could probably sell your records to them or just sell them on Ebay.

    Nashville Epoxy Contractor

    ReplyDelete